Orthopedics/Knee Pain

Question
Respected Sir,
         I am an old man(65 year).I am very fond of walking,but presently constrained for the following
I regularly read medical articles.
I have some(little)knee pain(NOT MUCH),BUT HAVE GOT GOOD PAIN IN TIBIA(Front bone in between knee and foot)and heavy calf muscle pain which aggravates during walking.Leg veins are PROMINENT,NO SWELLING ANYWHERE.Whether the pain in Shin/Tibia is originating from knee OR other vein problem.My body structure is lean,Weight-62 Kg,Height-5 Ft 8 inches
A)Although there is no pain sometime while bending the knees some sound comes.If the problem radiates to lower limbs from Knee Arthritis whether X Ray will probably detect the cause
B)As the calf muscle pain is prominent whether there is Muscle Dystrophy due to Cartinine Deficiency.One Doctor in Hyderabad has prescribed Carnisure(CARTININE SUPPLEMENT) without much improvement.
C)As the pain is in the lower portion(TIBIA and SHIN)whether there is less blood flow in lower limbs(Peripheral Artery Disease)which may be detected by BP of the ankle(ABI Index)and Doppler
Ultrasonography
D)As the pain is in the TIBIA region whether there is any problem of TIBIA NERVE Pain which may be detected by NCV Test
E)Again as the veins are prominent (BUT NO SWELLING)is there any chance of Varicose Vein of WHICH I HAVE NO IDEA
F)I only take BP medicines Attenol-25, Losartan-25 and Asprin-75 once daily each tablet
G)Again for PAD and Varicose Vein Walking should be done ,but for Knee Arthritis walking is
restricted.However as per advice I do Knee Exercise without STRAINING
I am very much worried.Please help"

Answer
Dear Kalyan,

This Chicago Podiatrist, Elmhurst Podiatrist & West Loop Podiatrist says.......
For your knee pain....
Go see a good orthopedist who will pick the best test for your pain.
Your leg pain sounds like myositis of your leg. Your best solution may be physical therapy and gentle exercise-like Yoga, Tai Chi. Other problems would also respond to exercise. A compression hose should be used for varicose veins-or possible ligation/sclerotherapy.
For now do PRICE
Protect- limit the movements that aggravate it.
Rest-Speaks for itself-rest it.
Ice- Will help if it is painful and a little with the swelling. Use heat for stiffness only after one more week. If it hurts-go back to icing.
Compress-Ace wrap on the leg
Elevate-Will help if it throbs or swells.
Continue with gentle range of motion.
Improvement will be slow-because the knee is used daily in all weight bearing activities.
Good Luck!
The podiatrists of AnkleNFootCenters.com are specialists in foot & ankle orthopedics & sports injuries.

Dr George Tsatsos & Svetlana Zats
Podiatrist Chicago 60618 & Elmhurst 60126 Podiatrists
Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery & Orthopedics
New South Loop Location-Chicago 60661
AnkleNFoot.com
Runnersdoc.com
BabyFootDoc.com

DISCLAIMER:
This information is offered as free advice and as general information. It may not be applicable to the specific questioner and his/her problem.  It is not based on actual knowledge of the questioner or his/her medical history and it cannot and should not be relied upon as definitive medical opinion or advice.  Reliable medical opinion and advice can only be obtained through hands-on physical contact and exam of the patient to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.  No doctor/patient relationship is created or established here and may not be inferred through answers on this site.  The questioner and other readers must consult his/her own doctor before proceeding or implementing any suggestions contained within this document and answers on this site.  The questioner is only to act upon his/her own doctor’s orders and recommendations. By reading this posting which follows, the reader fully understands and confirms that he/she holds harmless this writer. If this is not fully agreeable to you, the reader, and/or you have not attained the age of 18 years, you hereby are advised to read no further.

Orthopedics

Dr George Tsatsos