Orthopedics/Bruised ankle


Hi , i was born with clubfeet an 40 yrs old , and recently noticed my right foot looks all bruised up for a month. It hurts alot at times, dont wear reg socks just the copper fit ones gives me more support . Any ideas with this bruise , tried icing it and nothing .

You need to have several things checked out starting with circulation, diabetes, and get some lab work to check your complete blood count and white count.If all this is normal then you can look at direct trauma from the ankle to see if there's any pressure from your footwear causing this bruising


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joe A Shaw PA-C


Most general questions that have to do with orthopedic and /or occupational medicine or ergonomics. With a focus on upper extremity disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome. After many years of treating and diagnosing carpal tunnel syndrome I have developed a detailed website about carpal tunnel syndrome at


I have been a board certified Physician Assistant for 17 years, in the fields of occupational and orthopedic medicine.

American Academy of Physician Assistants, State Academy of Physician Assistants.

Physician Assistant degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine PA program. Bachelor of Health and Science degree. Board Certified Physician Assistant, Ergonomic certification, University of Michigan ergonomics certification. Associate Science degree in Emergency Medical Technology. Former Paramedic, EMT and Firefighter.

Awards and Honors
Current certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life support, and Basic life support, and CPR certification. University of Michigan Ergonomic training and certification.

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.