Orthopedics/Finger bended

Question
QUESTION: Dear Mr. George
hope you are in good health and mood
I m 42 years old, father of 4 kids.
1 week ago my right hand 2nd finger got struck by cricket ball. it was not very hard hit but top joint of my finger got bended. now the pain is gone as a doctor advised me one cream but the bend is still there. i mean the top one-third of my finger is bended downward with an angle of about 45 degrees and i cant straighten it without some support.
Are their some small tissues or muscles that make fingers straight and are hit/damaged permanently by that cricket ball? is it now a permanent and life time fault in my body now?
please help me in this regard.
thanking you.

ANSWER: Dear Zakir,

This Orthopedic Chicago Podiatrist located in West Loop 60661, Roscoe Village 60618, Ukrainian Village 60622, Elmhurst 60126 & Bartlett 60103 says,
It is possible that you have torn the ligament that moves your finger in that area.
Fortunately it is not a difficult repair, but you need to see someone who is familiar with tendon injuries of the hand. If you are unable to have the surgery, there is a way to brace it straight for several weeks & the tendon should regrow.Again, this should be shown to you in person by someone who knows.
Hope this helps & Good Luck!

Dr George Tsatsos,Dr Svetlana Zats, Dr Mariano Rivera, Dr Ryan Holmbeck & Dr Kevin Massard
Chicago 60661, 60618 & 60622, Elmhurst 60126, Bartlett 60103 Podiatrists
Board Certified swimming or wearing a knee bin Foot and Ankle Surgery & Orthopedics
New South Loop Location-Chicago 60661

DISCLAIMER:
This information is offered as free advice and as general information. It may not be applicable to the specific questioner and his/her problem.  It is not based on actual knowledge of the questioner or his/her medical history and it cannot and should not be relied upon as definitive medical opinion or advice.  Reliable medical opinion and advice can only be obtained through hands-on physical contact and exam of the patient to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.  No doctor/patient relationship is created or established here and may not be inferred through answers on this site.  The questioner and other readers must consult his/her own doctor before proceeding or implementing any suggestions contained within this document and answers on this site.  The questioner is only to act upon his/her own doctor’s orders and recommendations. By reading this posting which follows, the reader fully understands and confirms that he/she holds harmless this writer. If this is not fully agreeable to you, the reader, and/or you have not attained the age of 18 years, you hereby are advised to read no further.

QUESTION: thanks a lot for your time.
doctor had given me this cream
DEEP HEAT rub. (Mentholatum)
Menthol b.p. 5.91%
Eucalyptus Oil b.p. 1.97%
methyl salicylate b.p. 12.8%
turpentine oil b.p. 1.47%

please let me know if it is only a pain killer or it will help to regrow the damaged tissues also.
if i brace it for several weeks then how can i apply creams?

regards.

Answer
Dear Zakir,

It is only pain killer. If the ligament is torn, then the finger must be kept straight-to allow the ligament to heal tightly.
Hope this helps & Good Luck!

New South Loop Location-Chicago 60661

DISCLAIMER:

Orthopedics

Dr George Tsatsos