Other Musical Instruments/Cornet/trumpet

whole pic
whole pic  

Close up
Close up  
I found this trumpet or cornet and I really want to know make/model/age. It has Karl Schubert engraved on the bell.

It's a trumpet sold by JW Jenkins' Sons out of Kansas City Mo. It appears that Jenkins used the Schubert name in the 1920s and 30s.  It was a trade-name, not an actual maker.  Jenkins used a variety of names on his instruments in addition to Schubert.  All of the engravings of the Karl Schubert instruments that I have seen, simply say "Karl Schubert". As far as model, you'll have to hunt and see if you can find a model number. Holtons from around that time had the model number engraved horizontally on the second valve casing, just above the bottom valve cap (something like "T602"). I'm not sure if yours has something similar, but it's worth a look, that'll give you the information you need to identify it.

Other Musical Instruments

Chelsey Moudry

I can identify specific instruments in a piece of music, or in a video. I can provide information on how an instrument is used and the history behind it. This includes a large variety of instruments from all over the world. Asian instruments are my strong area, but I have a wide variety of knowledge on instruments in many other countries.

I collect music from around the world. Part of my interest is a research into what gives that area's music such a unique sound, and in order to find that out, I have to be familiar with what instruments are used and the history behind them, so I have spent many hours doing research on my own time and learning about a large variety of musical instruments around the world.

1 year of music history classes (no degree), 3rd year of college for nursing.