Other Musical Instruments/Instrument Question

Question
Weird instrument
Weird instrument  
What is this instrument called? here's the link and the picture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppE4XzWbIg8    
Look at the picture first please

Answer
This instrument is actually an electronic Kalimba, also known as the thumb piano. The user plucks the metal prongs to create various sounds. The electric side of this one just allows it to be plugged into a computer or amp when needed.

The Kalimba originated in Africa and was actually invented twice. About 3,000 years ago, on the west coast of Africa, a wood/bamboo version was invented. Then, about 1300 years ago in the Zambezi Valley, versions with metal prongs were invented.

I hope this answered your question! Thanks for a great challenge!

Other Musical Instruments

Chelsey Moudry