PC Strategy Games/Neptunes Pride 2

Question
Hello Mister! This is Sean, I just wanted to know if you have ever heard of the games called Neptune's Pride 2? It's a strategy game I've just started playing and I would love to hear some awesome tips from you about getting more in depth with the game. I'll give you the link here, you can watch videos to get a small piece of advice in how to begin. After that it doesn't say much and when it comes to looking up videos about this, there aren't many especially when it comes to strategical moves. That is pretty much why I came here! You can take as long as you want to reply, thanks for reading!

Sean

Link:  http://triton.ironhelmet.com/

Answer
Hello, Sean.

I actually hadn't heard of that game before, so I did a little research. Honestly, I'm not sure where to start. It looks like having a general idea of strategy games helps a lot.

In this particular game, time passes slowly. This gives you a lot of time to think about what you're going to do next. Because it's slow, at the beginning I would recommend playing it defensively. I'd try to make some sort of alliance (or more than one) so that you get time to build yourself up. Most strategy games focus on coming out of the gate really strong, but if you do that in this one, I have a feeling most people would target you because you're a threat.

So after some early expansion, I would recommend settling down and building yourself up defensively. Work on economy and help your nearby allies when possible. This requires a fair amount of patience, but down the road you'll find yourself being an economic powerhouse and it will be much easier to start aggressively seeking out enemies.

The number one thing to do though is keep an eye on your neighbours. Watch for treachery and make sure you can trust them. If you can make a strong alliance, it could win the game.

Aside from that...I don't know enough about the game to be specific. Hope this helps.

PC Strategy Games

RTS Expert