PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/HDMI port not working on Dell Inspiron 1525

Luke O'Malley wrote at 2013-09-04 04:08:54
I have the same PC that I downloaded XP Pro onto.  I downloaded the drivers from Dell.  The HDMI slot on the left side of the PC worked without issue.  There is no need for an audio cable.

I had to Install XP Pro, SP3 again & it worked but the image from films is terrible.  It has shadows, all kinds of slashes, etc.  It is very bad.  I used a commercial driver program, but it made no difference.  I still have the problem.  That is how I found this posting.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP