PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/CPU upgrading

Question
I have two computers, one is HP a6242n with 32 bit OS, the motherboard has 4 slots for DDR2 RAM, the other is a HP p6557c with 64 bit OS. The P6557c motherboard has only two slots for DDR2 RAM.
I am thinking of switching the CPU from the P6557c to the a6242n (hence upgrading the a6242n from 32 bit to 64 bit OS so that the a6242n can have 4 slots and support upto 8 GB RAM.
Please let me know if it okay to do so. Thank you very much!
Sy

Answer
I don't think it will work. The HPa624n is a socket AM2. The p6557c is a socket AM3. There is a AM2+ socket that an AM3 processor will work in. But then you would still be left with a processor because an AM2+ processor will not work in an AM3 socket.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Keith