PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/no post, strange beep codes

Question
Hi Keith,

I've got an MSI p43-c51 motherboard with what I think is AMI bios.  The other day it quit working.  Powers up, but zero display on the monitor.  I tried my video card in a friend's computer and it works fine, so not the card.

Beep code doesnt make much sense to me.  I hear a short single beep, then i hear a very brief High-Low in quick succession, then I hear a quick double short beep. Almost like a longer beep, but with a very brief interruption in the middle.

I've looked at possible beep codes on line and none of them seem to match what I'm hearing.  I know continuous high-low-high-low is related to CPU temperature, but I dont hear this - just a quick, single high-low.  The next sound, the quick double-beep also seems odd.

Can you provide any suggestions of what I can try next?  I already cleared the CMOS and re-seated the RAM, no luck.  Im considering getting a diagnostic 'post card' though Im not sure it would tell me anything more than what the beep codes are trying to say.

Thanks!
Eric

Answer
You have covered most all bases. The codes have to mean something. I know you have searched online. I found this: http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/how-to-identify-your-bios-version
Follow the links on it. There is some interesting information. It seems some MSI BIOS can be misidentified.
Another thing to keep in mind is, just because the video card worked in someone elses computer does not mean that the video slot in your computer does not have a problem. Do you have an onboard video jack you can try to make sure it is not the video card slot? This would rule out that there is not a video problem.
One more thing. Just wanted to make sure you went to the best beep code source that I know of: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Keith