PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Graphic Card Problem

QUESTION: i have,  
Intel Genuine D945 board with 3.00GHZ speed and 2GB ram...
but i can't choose the graphic card which is support my board  
if i buy nvidia Geforce 8600GT or 8800GT so which card is best for my board I mean these cards supported my board???? please help and give me your suggestion I am waiting your answer.....

ANSWER: Before you can buy a card, you have to know what kind of graphics port your motherboard has. Your board can have either PCIe or AGP (or none on some boards). On another note, the two cards are from the same family, so there won't be much of a difference between the two.

Once you find out what port the board has, then you can figure out what card(s) you can use. If your motherboard has the PCIe slot, you can use either of the two cards you mentioned. I would however upgrade your power supply as well otherwise the original power supply may not be strong enough to run everything, or if it can, it will shorten the life of the power supply given the high amount of stress. I recommend a 400 watt power supply or above. No less.

As for card selection, go with the one with more video memory on the card itself. The more, the better. Hope this helps, have a great day!

QUESTION: i  am  sanding you a complete info of my PC plz chack and halp me out...  

OS Name    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
   OS Version    5.1.2600
   Service Pack    3.0
   Product ID    55873-23321
   System Up Time    12/3/2012 5:43:14 PM
   Internet Explorer Version    6.0.2900.5512
   Microsoft DirectX Version
   OpenGL Version    5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-0845)
   Maximum Size    54 MB
   Current Size    2 MB
   Status    OK

Top  Processor MainBoard
Central Processor  
   CPU Name     Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
   Code Name    Model 4, Stepping 1
   Manufacturer    GenuineIntel
   Current Clock Speed    2999 Mhz
   Max Clock Speed    2999 Mhz
   Voltage    3V
   External Clock    200 Mhz
   Serial Number    BFEBFBFF00000F41
   CPU ID    x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
   Socket Designation    LGA 775
   Unknown    16 KB
   Unknown    1024 KB  

Model    D945GTP
   Manufacturer    Intel Corporation
   Serial Number    BQTP721000JD
   BIOS Name    Default System BIOS
   BIOS Vendor    Intel Corp.
   SMBIOS Version    NT94510J.86A.4078.2007.0504.0047
   BIOS Date    5/4/2007
BIOS Features  
   PCI is supported    Yes
   BIOS is Upgradable (Flash)    Yes
   BIOS shadowing is allowed    Yes
   Boot from CD is supported    Yes
   Selectable Boot is supported    Yes
   EDD (Enhanced Disk Drive) Specification is supported    Yes
   Int 9h, 8042 Keyboard services are supported    Yes
   Int 14h, Serial Services are supported    Yes
   Int 17h, printer services are supported    Yes
   Int 10h, CGA/Mono Video Services are supported    Yes
   ACPI supported    Yes
   USB Legacy is supported    Yes
   ATAPI ZIP Drive boot is supported    Yes  

Name    Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
   Video Processor    ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7146)
   Manufacturer    ATI Technologies Inc.
   Video Architecture    VGA
   DAC Type    Internal DAC(400MHz)
   Memory Size    256.00 MB
   Memory Type    Unknown
   Video Mode    1152 x 864 x 4294967296 colors
   Current Refresh Rate    75 Hz
   Driver Version
   Driver Date    2/11/2010 7:38:10 AM  

Name    Plug and Play Monitor
   Screen Height    864
   Screen Width    1152
   Status    OK

Well I was able to get the motherboard model from the information, which gives me enough info to let you know that you have a PCIe slot and not an AGP slot (a good thing). Your choice of video card is up to you. Be sure to check the specifications of whatever card you choose. Given your system is a Pentium 4, it won't benefit the full effects of video cards much stronger than what you chose. If you come across any video cards with GDDR3 memory, I recommend going with that card over the two you chose. GDDR3 runs both cooler, uses less power to run, and best of all, much faster.

Be warned about choosing a card that requires extra power to run it. Though in the last reply to you, I mentioned you need to get a power supply to power any add-on card the power it needs without strain which could cause the computer to to short circuit.

Here is a listing on eBay of a decent power supply in new condition. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OCZ-ZT-Series-550W-Fully-Modular-80-Bronze-High-Performa It is modular, which makes it easier to install and makes for less clutter when done. It also has a 120 mm fan for cooling. I have a similar power supply in my desktop and works more than great. It gives you extra power plugs for graphics cards that require 6/8 pin power sources which will give it compatibility for just about any graphics card you want in there.

If you are not comfortable choosing and/or installing a graphics card, get a tech savvy friend to do it. It is rather easy to do as long as you follow the guidelines (easily found online or in the package that comes with the card you acquire.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I can answer most No POST problems, compatibility between parts, upgrade options, troubleshooting, etc. Before you ask me a question, please do some research. I do not give PC speed reviews for video games.

Many, many years of experience working with the hardware components of many types of computers including desktops, laptops, kiosk computers, and even running Windows 3.1, 95, and 98 on the PSP (Sony PlayStation Portable). I've replaced capacitors on desktop motherboards making them working like new again with a high success rate. This is my hobby/job every day.

Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology