PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Hardware Issue

Question
I am having an issue with a HP laptops (dv5-1002nr). When I press the power button, all lights turn on for about 2 seconds then laptop shuts off. I've tried doing just about everything, from swapping out hard drive, RAM, and CD drive. Since this is a AMD based laptop, I ruled out the possibility of the famous NVIDIA motherboard re-flow issue. The only thing I do notice is when I plug in the AC adapter, the charge light blinks on the laptop non-stop.

I am the IT Tech working for the 1106th TASMGG Army Unit, and I can usually fix almost all issues I come across, but I am stumped on this laptop. So I am asking you for help to get this laptop fixed.

Thank you
SPC Lira

Answer
First off, respect. Always grateful for those who serve & keep us safe.

A blinking light on the adapter for a laptop always indicates a power related problem so you might have troubles fixing it, depending on your situation where you are. It's either a bad adapter, bad battery, or a loose power connector on the motherboard but I wouldn't be able to narrow down from that. You can try pulling the battery and seeing if it will boot without it, on just AC. Some laptops will, some won't.
If I had to choose a single likely culprit I'd say that the adapter needs to be replaced.  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby