PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/low voltage warning on boot up

Hi Mike...replaced the 2032 button battery with new one and still get the low voltage warning after re installing several times. I tested the new battery also to make sure it was good

Safe assumption you're talking about a desktop PC since those batteries are quite a challenge to replace in laptops.

Do you keep any USB devices plugged in during boot up? Such as charging a smartphone, etc? That issue is generally one of two things, either the computer power supply is under-powered or going bad, or the battery housing on the motherboard is loose and has lost full contact with the board. If the latter is the case then there's not much you can do.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP