PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Need your immediate help please

I am using motherboard D865GBF, ram ddr 2gb, hdd 40gb, processor P4 CPU 2.4ghz. can I install windows 7 and ms-office 2007 both or just one of them. Motherboard supports extreme graphics 2 card but did not installed as using Lg CRT 14" kindly reply soon as I have to save and use my loveable desktop pc for many years.

Windows 7 system requirements are available from Microsoft here:

Your system should be compatible with 32-bit versions of Windows 7 in principle, however Intel does not list your specific motherboard as overtly compatabile with Windows 7. They do make a legacy support driver available, here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18246&lang=eng

Which you will need for that board. You will also need to select a 32-bit version of Windows 7, and keep in mind that the installation will consume roughly half of your available hard-disk space. My suggestion would be to install a larger hard-disk (something over 100GB would be suitable), and a new graphics controller (as IEG2 will not fully support all of the visual features of Windows 7). Your board has a universal AGP 3.0 slot, so you have quite a few options there - something relatively inexpensive like the GeForce FX 5200 would even be suitable here (and would improve performance). Overall you should expect to spend less than $100 on these kinds of upgrades.

Office 2007 system requirements are available from Dell India here:

Your system should have no issues installing or running Office 2007, however combined with Windows 7, and assuming you keep the 40GB disk, you will have very little storage space left to you for installing other applications or storing documents. System memory and central processor specifications are well within acceptable tolerances though, and aside from the concern over the IEG2 and Windows 7's Aero UI, you should have no problems.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience