PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/which ram is right ?

i planning to by a new pc :

17 3770k 3.5 ghz ,8mb cash

the chipset is intel z77

and i heard that rams with 1.5v ain't right for this z77 boards is it true.....?
and if it is, does that mean it won't live long with me or it's better to by rams with mor volt ?

Hello Faris. The thing about RAM is, only one type of RAM can be used on a board. If you could put other RAM on a motherboard, you would have to break the alignment notch to do so.

The types of RAM that exist are SIMM, SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, DDR3, and soon to come out DDR4. Each RAM type has a different notch placement so you can not accidentally put in the wrong type of RAM. When you buy RAM to couple it with your motherboard, just search for DDR3 as that is what the motherboard you are looking at supports. In terms of buying RAM, do not even pay attention to volts as it is not important to making the right choice.

So when installing the RAM when you do get the DDR3 RAM for the board, do not force the RAM modules into the slot. If it doesn't go in with light pressure, it might not fit that way. If so, spin the module around so the sticker/logo on the side faces the opposite direction it was when you first tried it. If it doesn't go in that way either, check on the speed of the RAM. If it is not DDR3 RAM, you'll easily see the notches do not line up on the RAM and socket.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I can answer most No POST problems, compatibility between parts, upgrade options, troubleshooting, etc. Before you ask me a question, please do some research. I do not give PC speed reviews for video games.

Many, many years of experience working with the hardware components of many types of computers including desktops, laptops, kiosk computers, and even running Windows 3.1, 95, and 98 on the PSP (Sony PlayStation Portable). I've replaced capacitors on desktop motherboards making them working like new again with a high success rate. This is my hobby/job every day.

Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology