PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Windows 7 blank red screen

I have a custom built windows 7 pc with and AMD Athlon 7850 clocked at 2.8 ghz and a ATI radeon hd 3200 graphic. I have no clue what it is clocked at. But anyways, mainly whenever a game is played on the computer (Microsoft Solitaire primarily) the screen will randomly turn completely red and is blank. The computer isn't responsive either. I have to hold the power button down to restart it. What could the problem be?

I would check your power supply rating in terms of how many watts it can supply and I would check the cooling of all your components. If something is getting too hot or is not getting enough power, there can be major instability. I would also check your driver version of you graphics card to ensure you are on the latest driver and that there are not any knwn issues with it on the ATI website.

Have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I can answer most No POST problems, compatibility between parts, upgrade options, troubleshooting, etc. Before you ask me a question, please do some research. I do not give PC speed reviews for video games.

Many, many years of experience working with the hardware components of many types of computers including desktops, laptops, kiosk computers, and even running Windows 3.1, 95, and 98 on the PSP (Sony PlayStation Portable). I've replaced capacitors on desktop motherboards making them working like new again with a high success rate. This is my hobby/job every day.

Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology