PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/BIOS

I have a computer running windows XP that works sometimes and other times there is nothing on the screen. I have read on the internet to start with resetting the bios by moving a jumper to pin 2&3 but this motherboard only has two soldered pins that I can see. The pins are near the battery which I have removed and it is marked clrtc1 and there is a number C392 next to it.

It is a Asus A7N266-VM  Rev 1.03

I have tried removing the ram and there are no beep codes which is not correct, just a dead computer. It has power, everything else runs but no sound and nothing on the screen.

My question is, should I short these to soldered points or what else should I do.

Thank you for your response. Allan

Dear Allan,

I really wouldn't recommend soldering them as shorting them serves a purpose of invoking something.  Now about the issue, you may want to disconnect everything but keyboard and monitor ad power on your computer.  See what happens. If incase it works then you will have to isolate the faulty connection or device. If still doesnt work then remove memory module and battery and cut the power for 5 mins and connect power without memory and battery. this should gives beeps provided there is speaker onboard or connected to mainboard.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Support Engineer with years of on-site and on-call expertise in computer Hardware and OS related issues.

Familiar with Windows OS and fair experience in troubleshooting hardware and OS related issues.

Diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking / A+ Online Certification from Comptia / ITIL v3 / MCITP Windows 2008 Server - Sever Administration

Appreciation from Allexperts users :)