PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/internet performance

Question
Hello Flinix,
I cannot explain the behaviour of my computer which is driving me to dementia! When I am trying to access a site it is continually switching me rapidly to another site,and another, and another, just as though somebody else is controlling the computer! This apart from adverts popping up all the time, faster than I can close them!  Strangely, it is painfully slow when I am searching. I do not seem to have any control of it at all, I feel like throwing it out the window.
Can you possibly explain this to me and suggest how to r4ctify the situation, What might need replacing or dealing with somehow? Very many thanks and Best Regards, Ken Tourle.

Answer
Hello Kenneth. This is not an issue with Internet performance. Every symptom of your computer you have experienced is telling me you have a Trojan Horse virus. If you are able to research this on another device to do so. You will need to back up any files on your computer to an external drive and then you will need to reinstall Windows. Depending on the version of Windows you have will determine how you reinstall your Windows operating system.

If you have Windows XP or older, you will need to reinstall your operating system via an install CD/DVD that came with your computer or was purchased separately for your computer.

If you have Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, you should have the option to factory wipe your computer with a recovery partition that is located on your hard drive. To do this, repeated tap F8 before you see the OS loading logo appear when you restart your computer. Doing this will bring you to a black and white screen with options such as Safe Mode and other options. In these later operating systems, you may also see "Repair your computer" option. arrow key to that option and hit Enter. Follow the on screen instructions.

Again, make sure all your files and documents are backed up, but be careful to copy only the needed items. You most likely got the virus by downloading a program, file, or just browsed the wrong site. I had a Trojan Horse virus myself many years ago and I know exactly how bad they are. I would copy all your files and documents and then immediately scan the media drive you put the files on to make sure your files aren't carrying the root cause of the virus in the first place.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Flinix