PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Upgrading to Improve CPU-Intensive Webpages

I have recently upgraded my Compaq Presario CQ62-219wm from 2GB of RAM to 8GB.  While my browsing experience has generally been better since the upgrade, some of the pages that I go to still perform poorly, unlike the way they do on my desktop, such as this interactive tree of life:

On my laptop, the tree on that page has very delayed and choppy animation when I try to move it around.  I have tried that page on my desktop which only has 4GB compared to my laptop's 8GB.  I was able to move the tree very well on the desktop, a Dell Dual Core G645T 20 All In One.  There were no hangs in the animation whatsoever.  I am using Opera on both computers with the same skins, extensions, etc.  Firefox is running the tree of life somewhat better, but that's not cutting it.

On my laptop, the CPU Usage indicator in Task Manager likes to hang at or near 100% on the aforementioned web page and some others.  I am awaiting word from Intel's "Ark" about whether or not their "Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500 (6M Cache, 2.60 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)" is compatible with my CQ62-219wm.  If it is, do you suppose that upgrading to that processor from the laptop's default "Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.20Ghz 2.19 Ghz" will make pages like the one previously mentioned run as good as they do on the desktop?  If not, do you know of any upgrade or modification that I could perform on the laptop to make pages like the one mentioned above work as good as they do on the desktop?  Thank you and happy new year.

To a certain extent things done over the internet do depend on RAM. However, the main reason things will not perform well is because of the internet connection itself. There are settings that can be changed to the actual NIC (network interface card) itself that could be tweaked but the first question I would ask you is what kind of internet do you use (cable, satellite, dsl, etc)? The second thing is video card or chip. What kind? I would say the desktop's is better due to the video rendering. I still lean toward what your internet is capable of.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Experienced in complete system builds where knowledge of kinds and types of motherboards, processors, and RAM have to be compatible. This includes intermediate knowledge of video card technologies and the troubleshooting and repair of problems associated with said hardware.

11 years experience as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction.

4 classes from a Networking degree. Mostly self-taught.