PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/want to replace my gpu

I bought this new laptop-LENOVO IDEAPAD Z585 recently.
my main use was gaming. i bought the lap knowin that it had 2 GB graphics memory. processor is amd quad core A8.But i find almost all good games to be uncompatible. I dont have much knowledge adout pc hardwares. and i am very eager to some how make my lap useful. so i have decided either my processor or gpu..Can i do that , if so give me the cheapest nd best procssor i must buy to replace the old one..

Unfortunately graphics memory capacity is not a good indicator of 3D performance for a computer. The GPU itself is a much more important factor. Unfortunately in your case the GPU is not upgradable, as laptops generally cannot have their GPUs replaced or upgraded (for a variety of reasons) - you are "set" with what it comes with. Replacing the CPU is possible, but upgrading it likely is not (there are limits to the cooling and power capabilities), and even if you were to select an upgrade model, it would have little to no influence on gaming; you will still be heavily limited by the graphics processor. Sorry for the lack of overall better news, but essentially with a laptop, what you see is what you get.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience