PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Webcam

Question
Hello Flinix, By the way , thrnks again for your help with Trojan Horse.
On another subject, - I have been using a webcam,for use with Skype, name of "Trust" for some years without any problems. Now though, - after not having used it for some time, also having installed Windows 7, I was getting the message
"Windows cannot detect any webcam". I have been (supposedly) re-installing the camera Driver several times, from the installation disc, also, even directly from the web site but it doesn't seem to be accepted, I still get the same message.
Can you possibly help and advise?
Very Many Thanks and Best Regards,  Ken.

Answer
Before checking if the camera works in a program, check it's existence in the Device Manager. If absolutely nothing appears when you plug in the web cam to the computer, either the webcam is bad, the port you are plugging the camera into is faulty, or the port has no power (very unlikely).

If the Device Manager changes a bit when the camera is plugged in, try installing the driver fully manually by extracting the driver package (if possible) and then locate and install the driver by guiding Windows to install the driver via the .inf file (advanced method). You can look up how to install drivers this way through a search engine for a nice thorough explanation if you do not already know how to do this.

If you are still unable to install the drivers and use the camera, try using the camera and installing it on another computer, even if it's just temporarily, just to see if the camera is still good and that something else major is causing the problem.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Flinix