PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Ram Inquiry

Hi Mr. Ricardo Agudelo,

I have a Dell Dimension E510 that I bought from Dell a while back. I want to take my desktop computer to a specialist to install 1GB of Ram in it. I never been to a computer repair shop before & I just want to know what is the normal price for that type of installation? And about how long does it normally take for a computer tech to install it?

Thank you,
Denise M.

Hi Denise,

Upgrading the memory on a desktop like yours is not very difficult. Detailed instructions can be found at DELL's Support website:

If you want the memory upgrade installed by a professional service, I think the easiest way is going to the nearest big-box store or an office supply store and have their technical service quote you the job. A memory upgrade shouldn't take more that one hour (some do not quote fractions of an hour, but it can be done in about 10 minutes), and you should get a warranty on their job.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Ricardo Agudelo

any question on networking area,specially if it`s about Windows based networks. Also, as we do some software and hardware testing here,we can provide some help on the PC problems and repair. In PC communications and Internet access and use. Electronic Engineer,Experience 18 years in telecommunications, control, computers and networks