PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Automatic Hibernation

Question
Dear Mr. Keith,

I hope you are doing great.

I have a query regarding unnoticed power outages and computer processes.

Well, i am a researcher and i have to work simultaneously using many software programs with at least three documents open for analysis.

Here, due to severe electric outages, the system turns off and on several times, and each time it goes off my whole work is lost. Then upon getting electricity back i have to restart my tasks from the beginning. This highly distracts the sequence of my work.

A possible solution is hibernate but provided that the system is getting AC supply. But, is it possible to let my system go hibernate each time it gets unpredictable short power outages? Any other alternate?

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks a lot for consideration.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Fahim

Answer
This is what you need: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=38698
I would not run on it for long with no power. It is not really made for that (for a lot more money you can get one. Search around on the site in the link and you will see). It is made for no power interruptions. When the power goes out, you save your work, shut your system down normally, and pick back up where you left off when the power comes back on. This is much more reliable than the hibernate function. Until Win8 came out the hibernate function has not been stable. I would especially not trust it in your situation.
Let me know what you think and how it goes.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Keith