PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/dell bootup

Question
I accidentally rebooted my inspiron 531 without the keyboard plugged in and it will not boot up. I got a message that keyboard was not detected and them it just goes black with a blinking line at top left of screen.

I have tried rebooting with the keyboard plugged in and it no longer gives me keyboard message but it still hangs like before and says u can press f2 or f12.

What can I try?

Answer
That keyboard error definitely has nothing to do with this issue. All PCs can be started without the keyboard and at worst it will simply flag you to press F2 to Continue.

You can try pressing F2 on your system to see if Windows boots up since maybe it just isn't recognizing the keyboard. If that doesn't work then I'd suggest powering it off, unplugging it, then opening up the case. Locate the small, nickle coin sized, battery on the motherboard and pop it out. Let the system sit for 10-15 minutes, then put the battery back into it's holder, plug it back in, and power it up. What this does is completely reset the systems internal programming, called BIOS, to defaults and hopefully solve that issue. It's likely to give you some warnings concerning the time not being set but you can just watch the messages and press whatever key is necessary to boot.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby