PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/new computer takes so long to boot

I just bought a brand new Lenevo Ideacentre desktop and I can't believe how long it takes from the time you press the on button to the time where the Lenovo symbol comes on and it boots up.  This is before the screen where it says what the computer is and before the Windows starts to log on.  It can take a minute to two minutes to get to this screen.  I thought these new computers booted up fast so I wonder if something is wrong with it.  After it boots up it is fine but I wonder if something is wrong with the processor or bios? Should I call Lenovo while it is under warranty or is this normal?

A minute or two is much too long. it could be a BIOS problem. If Lenovo has a BIOS flash download on their website fro your model computer, I would recommend downloading it and executing it. Flashing the BIOS is a non-reversible thing and never do it with a weak battery and have it plugged in while doing the flash of the BIOS. Any interruptions of the flash process will most likely result in a dead forever computer. I would call Lenovo to get a second opinion on this issue.

Also, if you can get into the BIOS via the hotkey that allows you to access it, try to look for an option that makes the BIOS do a full test or a minimal/quick boot test. If this is set to thorough/full test or "quick boot" is off, that could be the issue since it is fully testing all the hardware before it actually outputs anything to the screen to continue booting up the Windows OS.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I can answer most No POST problems, compatibility between parts, upgrade options, troubleshooting, etc. Before you ask me a question, please do some research. I do not give PC speed reviews for video games.

Many, many years of experience working with the hardware components of many types of computers including desktops, laptops, kiosk computers, and even running Windows 3.1, 95, and 98 on the PSP (Sony PlayStation Portable). I've replaced capacitors on desktop motherboards making them working like new again with a high success rate. This is my hobby/job every day.

Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology