PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Posting problem?

I just bought a brand new Lenevo Ideacentre desktop and I can't believe how long it takes from the time you press the on button to the time where the Lenovo symbol comes on and it boots up.  This is before the screen where it says what the computer is and before the Windows starts to log on.  It can take a minute to two minutes to get to this screen.  I thought these new computers booted up fast so I wonder if something is wrong with it.  After it boots up it is fine but I wonder if something is wrong with the processor or bios? Should I call Lenovo while it is under warranty or is this normal?

Lenovo has always had pretty solid customer support so I would definitely give their tech support line a call. If there was anything too serious with the PC it wouldn't boot at all but it really shouldn't be that slow at start up. Always best to deal with quirks like this while the system is still under warranty.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP