PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Computer Tablets

Question
QUESTION: Hello:

Why are strange names such as "ice cream sandwich" and "jelly bean" used for android computer tablets components, and what are these components used for?

I thank you for your reply.

ANSWER: Not sure what you mean by "components" but the names themselves are just Google's alphabetical codenames for the various full release versions of the Android operating system.
Not sure anyone outside of Google knows why they chose desserts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Cupcake was the first version released for consumers, then Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Icecream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, and the next one is going to be Key Lime Pie. After that, haven't heard but it'll be some dessert that starts with the letter L.

QUESTION: Hello:

I want to thank you for your reply.  I thought that the components or parts inside the computer tablets had these names.  If I understand correctly then, Is Google responsible for this Android system that operates the tablet device?

I thank you for your follow-up reply.

Answer
Ah, ok. I understand now. No, the components within the Android tablets are just standard electronics.
The device manufacturer, such as Asus, Samsung, etc are responsible for the components but most of them are just standard industry electronics.

Those dessert names are strictly Google's name forthe operating system, Android, itself.
Sort of how Microsoft has made Windows 95,98,Me,NT,XP,Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Those are their names for the versions of their operating system software. Google uses names of desserts for some odd reason.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby