PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Digital/Analog

Question
Hello Ricardo,

I am in now way computer/technology wise, so sorry for this basic question.

Do digital and analog technologies work together? For example, if I wanted to use something that runs completely digitally, like a computer, camera, video game console, whatever else and run it through an old CRT monitor, would that work?

Thanks

Jesse

Answer
Hi Jesse,

Analog and Digital worlds are basically not compatible. There should be an interface that may convert the Analog signal to Digital or Digital to Analog. Usually the interface is unidirectional, but there are cases where it is bidirectional.

Ricardo

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Ricardo Agudelo