PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Motherboard

Question
Main Board
Main Board  
Hai,
iam confused about my motherboard,ram....ok,
my motherboard (intel dg41cn ----yes OLD :( ) my Question is how much ram support in my motherboard? and my system is 32 bit, how much ram take 32 bit operating system?

Answer
What one considers old is dependant on how the user uses the computer. The specs of the motherboard and the max amount of memory the board can take are fairly decent. The motherboard can support a maximum of 8GB of RAM, specifically DDR2 RAM type. 8GB is more than plenty and should last you many years to come. More info on your particular board by a basic Google Search gives me this page from Intel itself: http://ark.intel.com/products/43798/Intel-Desktop-Board-DG41CN

Now if you install 8GB of RAM and you check the BIOS to see it supporting it all, you will need a 64 bit operating system to actually use that amount of RAM. To answer your question on the 32 bit operating system, the 32 bit OS will only see about a max of 3.75GB. In most situations, the OS will only see 3GB to 3.5GB as a max depending on configuration and shared video memory and depending on if you have a separate graphics card with its own dedicated memory, so on and so forth.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Flinix