PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/upgarding my laptop

Question
Hello,
I would like to upgrade my laptop by changing the internal HDD to a bigger size and increase the ram
my laptop

spec's are
CPU: Intel Core i5 3320M @ 2.60GH  (Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology)

RAM:DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 GB SDRAM

Storage: 2.5" SATA II 1TB 5400RPM

My Q's are
1) is it possible to increase the storage to 2TB or more with more RPM (maybe 7200RPM)

2)ram info was taken from (asus.com),does it mean each ram slot accept 8 GB OR the total is 8 GB , and what would happen If I add 16GB in one slot?

Answer
1. Maybe, but most likely you would have to upgrade the BIOS of the computer. The computer manufacturer (you didn't list)would probably have specs of the limitations of the computer. Being it is a laptop this may not be possible and would use more power which equals shorter battery life.

2. I would say 8GB total (4GB each slot). If you exceed the maximum amount of RAM the computer is capable of one of two things will happen. 1. It will not even boot. 2. It will boot but only recognize 8GBs of RAM and only use 8GBs. In other words the other 8GBs are wasted.
If you put 16GB in one slot I would guess it will not even boot.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Keith