PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/mV help

Question
If I have 5 Volts and I want to write it as mV I know I just move the point 3 places to the left and make it .005 mV I get this.

And if I have 20 Volts I still move the point 3 places to the left and I get  .020 mV I get this.

But if I have 3.5 Volts I know I still move the point 3 places to the left and get  .0035 mV I get this.

And yes I know you just take the point from whare ever it is and move it to the left.

But am I right that  3.5 Volts is  3 Volts and a Half of another Volt?

Answer
All of your conversion examples are incorrect;

1 V = 1000 mV (put another way, 1 mV = 1/1000 V)

So 20V = 20,000.00 mV, 5V = 5,000.00 mV, 3.5V = 3,500.00 mV, etc.

To better clarify, when using SI prefix "M" lowercase denotes fractional sizes, so mV is millivolts. Uppercase would denote larger orders of magnitude, so MV is megavolts, and in that case you would be correct that 5V = .005MV. Wikipedia has an article (with tables) that explores SI prefixes in more detail:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix

You can also perform conversion using Wolfram for simplicity, just type in whatever value you've got and what you want, so for example:

"20 volts to millivolts" as here: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=20+volts+to+millivolts

Alternately for fractional sizes you would move the decimal point to the right, so 20V to mV you would move the decimal point 3 places to the right to produce 20,000.0.

To your other question on 3.5V being "3 Volts and half of a volt" - yes you are correct. Any decimal value can be thought of in that manner, for example 3.5 can be thought of as 3.0 + 0.5 as well. It doesn't matter if it is voltage, amperage, number of pizzas you have, hours, etc.

-bob

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Bobbert