PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Secondary hard drive install

Question
Hello,

I bought a Dell M531R laptop and am needing some advice on a modification.  I bought a solid state drive that I want to use as the primary.  I have a friend that can copy the sata drive that it came with, over to that and put it in, that is do-able.  However I am wanting to see if I can use the original drive for storage.  Is there a way to take out the DVD drive, and use that space to house the second hard drive?  What type of enclosure or connector would I need?

Thanks

Answer
I'm not familiar with the specs of that particular laptop but unless it has a Secondary drive bay, then no
The cd/dvd rom controller is totally separate technology. It can't be used with a hard drive.
You could pick up a USB drive enclosure, like from Newegg.com and put your old drive in it to use as an external drive but that would be it.  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby