PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/laptop

Question
Hi
I'm having problems with my laptop, when I power it on you can here it starting up but the screen stays black, I have to turn it off and on a few times before the screen comes on. Once it is on it works great and I have no problems with it. It's a Compaq Presario cq56, any help would be gratefully appreciated
kind regards
chris

Answer
Unfortunately when it comes to laptops, troubleshooting and repairs are somewhat of a challenge, especially without actually looking at it.

I'd say it's probably the screen going bad. In which case your only option is to get it replaced. Purchasing a spare part laptop lid/screen from eBay and having someone replace it is probably the cheapest option.

However, that is still just my best guess. It would be a good idea to take it into a local computer shop and have them give you a better answer from examination of it.  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby