PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/laptop keeps typing

Hello there,
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop running Windows XP.  All of the sudden, it won't stop typing.  It repeats the symbols "fsda123-jkl:\" continuously.  I cannot backspace or delete the symbols fast enough, it just keeps repeating...in every program I've tried so far.  I even popped out my keyboard and disconnected it from the laptop, but that did not resolve the problem!  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated (best if it does not involve getting on the internet, as something is also screwy with the networking on the machine and I'm not able to get online).  THANKS!

Hi Rob,

I can understand how difficult it can be. Request you to boot the OS in Safe Mode and then check to isolate any 3rd party or OS causing this issue. If issue still persists then you might want to consider cleaning/replacing keyboard.

Hope this helps.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Support Engineer with years of on-site and on-call expertise in computer Hardware and OS related issues.

Familiar with Windows OS and fair experience in troubleshooting hardware and OS related issues.

Diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking / A+ Online Certification from Comptia / ITIL v3 / MCITP Windows 2008 Server - Sever Administration

Appreciation from Allexperts users :)