PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Laptop Rebuild

Question
HP Pavillion (cir 2008), Model dv6700 (dv6809wn), p/n KN854UA#ABA
Mother board: da0at1mb8h0 . From research I guess it is an AMD, but not sure which chipset. The sticker went missing, and paperwork does not say.

The laptop died, and assumed to be HDD (clicking). Replaced with SSD and still dead.  I want to replace the motherboard and chipset with Intel.  I know it is a 6-year-old machine, but sheer determination drives me to do it.  This will be for basic use, not gaming.

What motherboard and chipset should I be looking for?

Answer
I don't want this to sound defeatist or negative (I admire your determination) but I would not try to do what you are doing. If you were talking desktop you would be talking a whole different ballgame. If you have a desktop, you have many options. Laptops, totally different story. They are more proprietary. Unless it was one of those Panasonic tough books and made out of hard metal, the motherboard is shaped according to the plastic case it is in.
If you are dead set on upgrading the current laptop I would consult forums (maybe the HP one) and see what other people have done. This will give you an idea.

One other thing. Why not get it going how it is? You have already ruled out the HD.  Follow the basic troubleshooting principle of taking different components out except the processor and just see if it will boot. Say you remove the network card and the machine boots. Most likely the card is bad.  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Keith