PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/pc not working

hi....my problem is little bit complicated.first i dont know which part of my computer is causing problem.while working normally , my pc stops working. keyboard stops working(i know because lights shown for the numlock capslock dont change when i press the respective keys),curser do not change its position that means mouse is not working. Screen displays same (for example if i am playing a video it gets paused, it will not go blank ).i thinks cpu works at that time because i can hear the noise made by the fan and also dvd drive comes out normally. And when i restart the pc it wont restart ..just the screen goes black but cpu's light remains.But when i on the computer after 1 hours , it starts but after 5-10 minutes the same problem occurs mentioned above.
the surprising thing is that before 3-4 months , the same problem was there and i unplugged everything and kept it that way( because my exams were started .i decided to take it to the shop after my exams)..but after my exams it worked normally 4-5 days...and again started causing problem.
hope you understand my problem.
pardon my english

I think because everything seems to work, just not all the time, there may be a cooling problem, a power problem, CMOS battery problem, or even a hard drive with errors to the point of corrupt data (this opens up the problem of a virus which caused the problem in the first place).
Is this a laptop or desktop? How old is the computer? What brand? What kind of anti-virus software are you running?
Get back with me with answers to these questions and we may be able to narrow down wherein the problems lies.  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Experienced in complete system builds where knowledge of kinds and types of motherboards, processors, and RAM have to be compatible. This includes intermediate knowledge of video card technologies and the troubleshooting and repair of problems associated with said hardware.

11 years experience as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction.

4 classes from a Networking degree. Mostly self-taught.