PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/USB controller issue

I have an Acer Aspire 5820T Laptop (that JUST came off of warranty, go figure). The only thing plugged into any USB port at the time the issue began was a dongle for a wireless mouse. Received an error message that a USB device was halted error code 43. Now (even without anything plugged into USB) I get an unknown device that cannot be installed.

After multiple fixes looked up online and tried, I did a full format and clean install (Windows 7 64bit Home Premium) it still occurs. After much examining of all devices listed (both device manager and printers & devices) I noticed the camera was not listed. After trying all camera drivers/apps from the Acer site for this computer it still will not show.

Nothing plugged into any USB is recognized (although power from the USB ports still flows, checked via a corded mouse). I lifted the keyboard, disconnected the camera, to no avail. The issue persists. I am going to assume its a MB issue (non fixable). So basically I'm asking, can it be fixed (by me, can't afford anything else)? If not fixed can I bypass it somehow so the rest of the USB works?

Sounds like you've done about all you can unfortunately. I'd guess the USB Controller itself burned out.
You can check for a newer BIOS version on their website and try running the Unknown Device Identifier from http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html to get a more detailed Device ID that you can look up to make sure you have the correct driver.
Beyond that I'm afraid you're probably stuck.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP