PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/No Audio Device Indication In My computer

Question
Hi Mike,

Would you mind answering a question for me? I not getting any sound from my computer , although everything looks like OK ..The connections are proper .. The drivers from the Motherboard are installed also .. Device Manager shows all the sound devices as working OK. Sound driver is from RealTek ..But from Control Panel "Sound and Audio Device" shows No Audio device and everything disabled .. Windows Audio Service looks started in automatic mode .. I stopped and started it again ..But nothing seems to work ..Audio Driver Version : 5.10.0.5506 , Direct X Version : Directx 9.0c, Audio Codec ALC883 .. My OS is, Micorsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 .. My Computer : Genuine Intel (R) Chip 1.60 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM ..

Answer
That's something difficult to troubleshoot over the internet unfortunately. Especially since you've already tried much of what I would suggest.

You can try going to the manufacturer's website and download the most recent audio driver. Then uninstall it from Device Manager and restart, then reinstall using the driver you downloaded.

You can also try running through the Add Hardware Wizard in Control Panel, just to see if you can force Windows to see the device.

It's entirely possible it's a hardware failure. Your motherboard audio may have simply failed.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby