PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Stealth Adware

Hi Mike. Hope you've been doing well. I recently tried to almost completely download a free software called camtasio studio in one of those free shareware websites. Now I've noticed it changes my homepage when I first log online using google chrome. I've changed it back but it overrides the command. And there's also this small window that sometimes appears asking me to back up my pc to the cloud. It's some kind of adware that's still in my hard-drive. I've tried to erase all of the recent download but something is still inside of here. Do you know how I can get things back the way they were? Enjoy your weekend.

That would be the main reason for avoiding downloading of illegal cracked software.

Best thing to try first is to install and run Malwarebytes. http://www.malwarebytes.org/
It's a very effective tool for removing most malware like that.

After that, if you still have issues, work through this directions list.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP