PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Stealth Adware

Hi Keith. Hope you've been doing well. I recently tried to almost completely download a free software called camtasio studio in one of those free shareware websites. Now I've noticed it changes my homepage when I first log online using google chrome. I've changed it back but it overrides the command. And there's also this small window that sometimes appears asking me to back up my pc to the cloud. It's some kind of adware that's still in my hard-drive. I've tried to erase all of the recent download but something is still inside of here. Do you know how I can get things back the way they were? Enjoy your weekend.

Uninstall the free program if you haven't already. You will need to download and install something like Malwarebytes http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware
install and do a scan. It will detect any problems and you can remove them. The only way I would ever download anything from an untrusted site is to save the file instead of run it and then scan it with my anti-virus and anti-malware software before I installed it.  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Experienced in complete system builds where knowledge of kinds and types of motherboards, processors, and RAM have to be compatible. This includes intermediate knowledge of video card technologies and the troubleshooting and repair of problems associated with said hardware.

11 years experience as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction.

4 classes from a Networking degree. Mostly self-taught.