PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/PC BUS

Question
Does SATA Interface and PCi Express Slots conect to the Southbridge?

On the web I see it says PCI Express conects to the Northbridge then another web page says PCI Express conects to the Southbridge.

So can you help?

Answer
I always like to think of things with computers like a flow of water. The Northbridge handles the flow between the CPU, Graphics card, RAM, and flows to the Southbridge. The Southbridge handles the flow between slower devices like USB, the hard drive, etc.
The flow starts at the North and flows South. The reason they are connected is the data from the hard drive, USB, etc. has to flow back North to be processed, saved in RAM, etc.
Hope that makes sense.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Keith