PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Power

I had the power supply replaced on a 2011 PC that I was told was on the verge of dying. I look at the old power supply unit with all the wires and weight of the thing and was wondering if anyone would buy my aged one for the parts inside of it that may still  be good? Not even sure how to recycle it and would love to make some money back from it since I feel the computer guy over charged me for services.

Unless you had many many old power supplies and could sell them for scrap metal, I don't think you would make any money. The old power supply is not worth much at all. You can buy a new one very cheap. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/guidedSearch.asp?CatId=106&sel=
Sorry you were overcharged. I don't deal with "computer guys" or computer shops. Their prices are way too high and they don't usually stand behind their work. That is one of the reasons about 15 years ago that I started teaching myself how to do this stuff.
Let me know if I can help further. I believe I could walk you through replacing a power supply or other hardware and you wouldn't have to pay someone to do it.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Experienced in complete system builds where knowledge of kinds and types of motherboards, processors, and RAM have to be compatible. This includes intermediate knowledge of video card technologies and the troubleshooting and repair of problems associated with said hardware.

11 years experience as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction.

4 classes from a Networking degree. Mostly self-taught.