PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Ram and windows problem

I have got a Dell optiplex 9010 core i7 with 20GB Ram , I want to install windows xp for better performance , I installed once but it couldn't recognize 20GB Ram , it shows 3GB or 4GB, Can you PLEASE HELP ME!!

Windows XP is no where near better performance that Windows  7 or Windows 8.1 and XP is far less secure because it is no longer supported. Microsoft is no longer releasing updates for XP.
Even if it was, there's nothing that can be done about that memory limit. 4GB of RAM total, less usable, is a limit of ALL 32-bit operating systems, XP, Win7, Linux. If an operating system is 32-bit you can't use more than 4GB. Also, Windows XP cannot use more than a 2TB hard drive.  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP