PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Transferring data

I have a Toshiba (vista) that is damaged.  I spilled water on it and I get nothing but a black screen. The computer turns on when push the power button. I purchased a Toshiba computer (8.1 windows) so my question is how do I remove all the data from the old computer and transfer it to the new computer?  I heard that I can remove the hard copy from the old computer and transfer to the new computer but I was hoping that there would be an easier way.

Thank You,

It's definitely possible but the only way you're going to get the files you want off that old laptop is for the hard drive in it to be physically removed, then connected to either your laptop or another computer with a special adapter that lets it be plugged into a USB port.
As such, you should really take it to a local computer shop to see if they can help.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP