PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Transferring data

Question
Hello,

I have a Toshiba (vista) that is damaged.  I spilled water on it and I get nothing but a black screen. The computer turns on when push the power button. I purchased a Toshiba computer (8.1 windows) so my question is how do I remove all the data from the old computer and transfer it to the new computer?  I heard that I can remove the hard copy from the old computer and transfer to the new computer but I was hoping that there would be an easier way.

Thank You,
Lynnsie

Answer
It's definitely possible but the only way you're going to get the files you want off that old laptop is for the hard drive in it to be physically removed, then connected to either your laptop or another computer with a special adapter that lets it be plugged into a USB port.
As such, you should really take it to a local computer shop to see if they can help.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby