PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/clean computer of clutter

Hi bobbert i want to clean my computer of background stuff. If you go on the Internet there is so many programs trying to convince they are the best. I want a program that does not mess up my computer and erase important stuff but makes my computer faster. thank you

Piriform's CCleaner is a good candidate; http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner You don't need to pay for the professional version for conventional usage.

Additionally you might look at some utilities that help to prevent "clutter" or "junk" from attaching themselves to your system, such as a modified hosts file:

or Ghostery:

As well as making sure that you keep the system up to date (up to date web browser, current and updated operating system, etc).

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience