PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Dedicated video memory 0mb, system video memory 0mb, Is my intel and nvidia graphic cards are not working ??

Question
System configuration : hp model - 15-r014tx, i5, 4gb ram, 2gb NVidia, intel graphic adapter, windows 8.1.

When I right click desktop > screen resolution > advance setting. It shows following information.
Intel(R) HD graphic adapter Information:
Total Available graphic memory - 1792 mb
Dedicated video memory - 0 mb
system video memory - 0 mb
shared system memory - 1792 mb

But when i give command "dxdiag" in run, it shows following:

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Display Memory: 4008 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
Shared Memory: 2013 MB

So my questions is that is my intel graphic cards not working properly ?? and also want to check is my NVidia graphic card is working good ??

Answer
Hello there. What you are seeing is two separate graphics processors. The Intel graphics is a low powered method to bringing you your display for use of everything on the computer that doesn't require high powered graphics processing power. The nVidia graphics chip is a chip that gets turned on when a high amount of graphics power is required, such as when playing a 3D game.

The first section where you see 0mb of both dedicated memory and system video memory is due to the setup of the low powered Intel graphics chip. It shares its video memory directly with normal system RAM, which is why you see the "Shared System Memory" to have its value of 1792MB. When you run the dxdiag, the name of the Intel card is showing, but the specs are actually reflecting the nVidia assembly.

If your computer is running just fine, I wouldn't worry about those numbers. If you want to make sure your nVidia chip is working good, you can check the Windows Index Experience for the numbers. To get the numbers displayed, it will end up testing the nVidia hardware, and it will probably show you a decent score. If it shows that the Windows Index Experience has not yet been run, just run it and it will give you your rated numbers on a scale in about 5 minutes time or less.

Have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Flinix