PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/AMD Cool and Quiet

I have recently acquired a Dell Inspiron 531 with an asus MB and an AMD 64bit processor which has the Cool and quiet feature enabled.
My question is that this computer takes ages to boot up and all of a sudden there is a whoosh sound from a fan and the system starts up would this be a feature of the cool and quiet feature and would it disappear if I disabled this feature.

Here are a couple of links to read. It will kind of help you make up your own mind. I have used systems both ways. With it enabled and disabled. If you want to overclock, you have to disable it. I do not recommend overclocking but have tried it.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Experienced in complete system builds where knowledge of kinds and types of motherboards, processors, and RAM have to be compatible. This includes intermediate knowledge of video card technologies and the troubleshooting and repair of problems associated with said hardware.

11 years experience as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction.

4 classes from a Networking degree. Mostly self-taught.