PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Which motherboard

Question
Hello,
I'm going to buy either a Z87 or Z97 intel chipset motherboard in the US and will give it as a gift to someone outside of the country; therefore, I need to buy a model that has low probability of encountering failures, random booting, freezing etc. If it breaks abroad, it would be hard to send it back to the US.

My budget is about US$120; no overclocking will be done.

So far, I found two motherboards with good reviews on Newegg, but they have reviews that claim it didn't work from the beginning: ASUS Z87-A and MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming.

Motherboards is the pc part that I understand less about.

Thanks

Answer
There isn't really any way to guarantee reliability because even the best brands have occasional failures.

That said, both MSI and Asus are good quality manufacturers. I personally am in the process of piecing together a PC and planning on an Asus Z87-Pro board.

http://www.outletpc.com/nt1629-asus-z87-pro-haswell-motherboard-atx-lga-1150.htm

Best I can suggest is to find one within your price range and with more good reviews than bad. My personal preference is Asus.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby