PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/temp for cpu

Question
QUESTION: I have a cq60 615dx laptop that was overheating, and I took it apart to clean it, and repasted thermal paste.  I removed cpu briefly just to inspect it, and cleaned and installed artic silver alumina on cpu and gpu, folliwng Artics guide per my cpu, using just a drop of it on the chip.  

I then reinstalled, and everything runs good but the cpu temp never changes, whether I use speedfan, pc wizard, cpuid.  The only time the cpu temp changes is if I reboot it or put to sleep and immediately wake back up then the temp will refresh.  I've updated my bios to what I believe is the current version (F65).

Don't know what else to try???  It doesn't seem to be overheating anymore.  I tested it by streaming two youtube videos at the same time, and put it to sleep and immediately woke it up, to get it to refresh the temp, and the temp hasn't gone above 45c.

Would you just leave it be at this point or tinker some more with it?  My goal is to get by a couple more years with this machine.  I only use it for browsing at home.

ANSWER: I've never really put much faith in those temperature readings from various software like speedfan. They're too dependent on sensors on the board and the operating system connection and just seem buggy.

If you want a more accurate check on temperature you should boot into the computers BIOS and watch it to see if it changes in there.

Either way, honestly I wouldn't worry about it. It's possible that the temperature sensors got damanged during your maintenance work or something. As long as it seems to be running well and not showing signs of overheating, either being physically hot to the touch, or acting weird, then I'd just call it good.

QUESTION: My bios don't report temps anywhere.  Is there a special way to find them?

Answer
I'm not directly familiar with that specific laptop so I wasn't sure. Some computers' BIOS show temperature of the CPU and some don't.
Generally speaking laptops seriously 'freak out' when they overheat, shutdown, get really slow, sometimes weird video issues, etc. so as long as yours isn't showing any of those symptoms then I personally wouldn't worry about it.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby