PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Cracked Touch Screen on Laptop

Question
Hi! Thank you for using your talents to help others with computer questions!

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 with a crack that has developed on the touch screen. I see digitizers on Ebay for around sixty dollars. Would a digitizer be what I need to fix this issue?

Thanks very much!

Answer
What do you mean by "digitizer"? The touch-control element that overlays the LCD itself? Depending on the damage to your computer this may or may not be the part that needs replacement, but without hands-on on the machine it is impossible for me to say one way or another. I would advise taking the machine to an authorized repair center (or contacting Dell directly) regarding this issue, as screen replacement can be a relatively delicate procedure depending on the machine (and improper repairs can easily lead to further damage). If the system is under warranty, I would absolutely suggest contacting Dell for warranty repairs, as opposed to attempting to fix the problem yourself.

Sorry to not be of much more help, but some problems are not easily addressed via an online format.

-bob

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Bobbert