PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Headphone connection question...

I've got a Dell Optiplex 980 desktop.  I generally don't ever turn the speakers on, and just listen to anything via headphones.  Recently, I caught the headphone cable with  my arm as I was reaching for something, and jerked the jack out a little more violently then it should have been jerked, probably.  Anyhow...now the headphone jacks goes into the headphone connection hole (on the front of the computer) fine...but something's a little off.  If I push it in all the way, I get sound from the right headphone speaker...but nothing from the left.  If I pull the jack back out slightly, I get sound in the LEFT headphone speaker...but nothing from the right.  I guess my jerking the cable out must have mis-aligned something.  Do you have any suggestions as to what I might could do to fix it?  If I switch the audio to USB, it sounds fine...good stereo, really nice...just like it USED to come from the headphones.  I guess I could use the USB port, but I'd really like to fix my headphone connection the way it used to be.
Any suggestions or advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Warm regards,

I would go usb. If you don't have enough jacks you can get a usb hub cheap
There is a possibility you could repair the current jack since it is a desktop but it sounds like there is some amount of short in the connection. If it is easy to get to it may be worth a look. If not go usb  

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Experienced in complete system builds where knowledge of kinds and types of motherboards, processors, and RAM have to be compatible. This includes intermediate knowledge of video card technologies and the troubleshooting and repair of problems associated with said hardware.

11 years experience as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction.

4 classes from a Networking degree. Mostly self-taught.